Where Does Inspiration Come From?

Where is the well of creativity and inspiration?  How do we get our ideas, our imaginings, our impulses to make art or to craft?  The ancients believed goddesses and gods were the source of inspiration, like the Nine Muses pictured here:
http://www.mjt.org/intro/muses.htm
.

http://brandiauset.com/z/index.php/library/the-goddess-guide/
My blog is named after the Celtic goddess Bridgit, also spelled Brìghde, Brìde, Brigit, Brighid, Bridget. She is associated with Healing Waters, Wells and Springs. She is the Lady of the Sacred Flame, the Flame of Inspiration, the Flame of Creative Consciousness, Goddess of Fertility, New Growth and Birth; Patroness of Poetry, Healing, Smithcraft, Midwifery. 

Naming the blog after her is a reminder for me to connect with my sources of creativity and inspiration.  In our busy lives we often neglect to care for ourselves and if we do not fill our own well, it runs dry.  When we practice self care we are able to access that divine spark that fuels the creative impulse.


So, how do we connect with our muse?  Fill our well?  Each person reading this most likely has a different answer.  For me a walk in a natural setting, especially around water and/or trees and plants makes me feel like a new person.  I try to take a 30 minute walk daily.  I always take my camera.  Near me is a cemetery with very old trees that innervate me.  Also near me is the ocean which is primordial, fertile, purifying experience.

Below are some photos from today's walk.





Comments

  1. Karen, I loved reading about bridget. my husband garrett is from Dublin and I never got to meet my mother in law 'Bridget'.How wonderful to know the 'goddess bridget' represents Creative Consciousness. Maybe she is overseeing him in his new venture http://liaartisandesigns.blogspot.com

    Very cool. So glad you found Mercantile Muse. Looking like it will be a lovely day in the Seacoast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, thanks for coming by! And best of luck to your husband's business. Next time I am at Rolling Green I will look for his work.
      My sister is here from Florida and she is cold, but I think it's beautiful!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Wahoo! Comments are fun. I will always try to check out your blog, shop or website and follow back. I want to support the work and ideas of fellow cyberspace community members.

Popular Posts