Thursday, October 4, 2012

Knitted Pumpkins-So Simple

From this knitted rectangle comes a very simple to make pumpkin.
 

Like this

Knit a rectangle in any size you want.  I used worsted weight wool yarn and size 8 needles.  The bigger the rectangle the bigger the pumpkin.  To give you an ides, for the little pumpkin I casted on 15 stitches and knit for about 30 rows.  Then I sewed together the two shorter length ends and did a running stitch in the top of the tube.  I cinched the top and tied it off.  I stuffed the pumpkin with wool batting and repeated the running stitch on the bottom, pulled it tight and tied it off. 

The vertical lines are made by weaving a piece of yarn, more or less evening spaced around the pumpkin.  Pull the yarn tight, tie it off, and it makes the bulgy shape.

The stem can be made in a variety of ways.  I free-form crocheted a tube right onto the pumpkin.  You could also sew a stem with felt or fabric.



I have made these for years and do not know where I first read about them.

Linked up with:


Photobucket
Skip To My LouOne Artsy Mama
Photobucket

Hover Pin

FOLLOW BY EMAIL; I hope you like what you see! Sign up for delivery to your inbox.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...