Thursday, August 16, 2012

Goddess Embellishment-Work in Process

I have been knitting a goddess doll, as I have written previously Knitted Goddess Post 1  and Knitted Goddess Post 2.

The knitting is done!  Here are some finishing touches.


Here she is, still on the needles, waiting for the herb bag to filled.


I went to one of my local herb shops, Misty Meadows.  The farm and herbal center sits on 66 acres in a little town in NH, offering apprentice programs, herbal consultations, celebrations, walking trails and a new labyrinth.

I bought 3 of my favorite herbs: lavender, rosemary and holy basil (or tulsi) to stuff into a muslin bag and place inside the body.  I filled in with sheep's wool.



Next I knitted a tube for the arms, stuffed it and stitched it on.







And here she is!  The original pattern shows some flower-like embroidery.  I knew I wanted a spiral on her belly.


And this is as far as I have gotten.  I will add some more embroidery but I am not sure exactly what yet.




Linked up with:   Work in Progress Wednesday with Tami Amis
Fronteir Dreams Keep Calm on Crafting





Button
Button

Hover Pin

FOLLOW BY EMAIL; I hope you like what you see! Sign up for delivery to your inbox.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...