Thursday, August 30, 2012

Yarnbomb Consortium


I signed up to be part of the Yarnbomb Consortium.  I saw a post from them on Facebook.  http://www.facebook.com/TheYarnbombingConsortium

Yarnbomb Consortium Is an International Collaborative Urban Yarn-work Initiative.   Its aim is SHARING INSPIRATION FOR EVERY NATION.  People from all over the world joining forces and uniting to make one artwork.  You can be involved from anywhere in the world.  All you need to do is Knit or Crochet squares of any size or colour, using any yarn, as many or as few as you like.  Then pop them in the post, when all the squares are collected together (deadline September 1st) They will be used to create a large scale Yarnbomb in Manchester City centre.    All members of the Yarnbomb Consortium will be credited in the final Artwork.

My mother-in-law, Cynthia, and I made some squares to send off.  It's fun to think that something I made will be on a tree (or lamp post or something) across the ocean.




Hover Pin

FOLLOW BY EMAIL; I hope you like what you see! Sign up for delivery to your inbox.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...