Work in Progress-Winter Gnomes

Winter Gnomes






I am working on elementals for storytelling, a seasonal display or a nature table. When I think of winter colors I think of white, icy blue greens and red for the red berry bushes that re in abundance now: holly (pictured here), winter-berry, pepper berry, etc.

I also want to make some mistletoe gnomes
with white berries.  An entry on The Physicians
Association of Anthroposophical
Medicine website says:
"Mistletoe has historically been considered one of the most sacred plants. It is mentioned in many myths and sagas of ancient cultures around the globe. Powerful medicinal properties were attributed to mistletoe. It was used to protect from misfortune and evil, as an aphrodisiac and to ease conception. Traditional herbal uses have included protection from misfortune and evil, poor circulation, headaches, convulsions, female disorders, exhaustion, hypertension, etc. In 1922 Rudolf Steiner recommended the potential role of a mistletoe preparation in the treatment of cancer.
Modern science has reaffirmed the therapeutic importance of mistletoe, through identification of the viscotoxins (literally, "mistletoe toxins"), lectins, and alkaloids thought to be responsible for its anticancer and immune modifying activities. Presently 60% of all cancer patients in Germany and Switzerland are prescribed mistletoe at some point in their treatment. For more detailed information on mistletoe therapy’s role in a comprehensive, integrative approach to cancer, visit:
Here is a mainstream herbal site:
http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/m/mistle40.html

Mistletoe photos are from Google Images.

Linking Up With:

Tami's Amis WIP Wednesday
Frontier Dreams-Keep Calm Craft On
Brighton Park - The HIP (Holiday Ideas Party)

Happy Whimsical Hearts
Friday's Nature Table 
Creative Friday 
Sharing Saturday 
Sharing Creative Ideas 
Eco-Kids Tuesday

Marigolds' Loft  
Waldorf Wednesday 
Feature Yourself Friday
Fiber Arts Friday  
Sugar and Dots 
SixSistersStuff.com Photobucket For the Kids Friday

Comments

  1. So cute! I would love you to come join my Pin Me Linky Party that starts Friday morning at 8am CST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! The green gnomes hats are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Annette's Waldorf Wednesday linkup...

    Those gnomes are very, very pretty! I didn't know those things about mistletoe.

    Cheryl
    http://www.diary-of-a-sower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shiny red berries on their hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gnomes, I love the red berries on the holly gnomes, love the idea of a mistletoe gnome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gnomes are so adorable. I am glad to have found you via Frontier Dreams' KCCO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to pop in and let you know that I featured your sweet gnomes this week at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Thanks for sharing them with us! Happy New Year!

    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/01/night-weaning-again-and-eco-kids.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love these!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the winter gnomes!!

    I never knew that about mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just adorable...interesting facts about mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gnomes! Cool facts about mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are so creative! And I also enjoyed your mistletoe facts. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Wahoo! Comments are fun. I will always try to check out your blog, shop or website and follow back. I want to support the work and ideas of fellow cyberspace community members.

Popular Posts