Hearts of Gold




Heart of Gold-Neil Young 1971


I am brooch happy lately!  I am using thick, luxurious plant dyed wool that is lovely to work with.


Putting together colors is so fun.  After cutting out many hearts of various sizes and colors I assemble pleasing combinations.  I don't think about it too much; I let spontaneity and inspiration take hold.  

I assembled 20 or so color combinations but then worked on each brooch individually-embroidering and embellishing as the fancy strikes me.  Some people plan out their projects in a sketch book.  I may jot down ideas in a broad way so I don't forget them but I don't sketch details.  I have a stash of cotton floss, charms, glass beads and metal buttons that I use in an intuitive way.  This means sometimes I take apart what I have done because it was not pleasing.

Put a Little Love in Your Heart-Jackie De Shannon 1968


the back
















Please check HERE to see where I link up with regularly.

http://creativeeveryday.com/

Comments

  1. These are beautiful. So carefully and lovingly made. I love the little charms you've used too :)

    Thanks for linking up :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such elegant and creative brooches ~ beautiful!

    Carol of (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ visiting from Creative Everyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What beautiful hearts. I really enjoyed every little detail. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really beautiful! I love all of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hearts are gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart brooches at Inspire Me Monday!

    Congrats - you've been featured this week at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are such pretty hearts. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely (: Waldorf Wednesday linker upper (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaww cute!

    Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!

    Thank you for posting on Waldorf Wednesday. Hope to see you back this week!
    http://ourseasonsofjoy.com/waldorf-wednesday-link-up/waldorf-wednesday-23-on-a-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely. Thanks for linking up @ DearCreatives.com great to have you! & hope to see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Wahoo! Comments are fun. I will always try to check out your blog, shop or website and follow back. I want to support the work and ideas of fellow cyberspace community members.

Popular Posts