Sweetheart Peg Dolls for Valentines


On the Workbench




My daughter came home from Germany on December 21 and flew back this past Saturday.  In these five weeks my blog has gotten very little attention.  Hopefully now that the holidays are over and all the visitors are gone I will get back to a routine of posting regularly.

I participated in a swap in the Facebook group: Waldorf Swap Club.  The theme was Valentine Day and I made these Sweetheart Peg Dolls for it.








I have a stash of thick, organic, plant dyed wool felt which I used for these pegs.  It's costlier and bulkier which is why I do not use it for all my work.  The colors heathery, are more subtle, more gentle due to the plant dyes.





There is also variations in how the dye took to the felt.  Sometimes it is quite pronounced but that is part of the charm of a handmade item.  I purchased it at the yearly Waldorf Kindergarten Association conference in Spring Valley, NY while I was teaching.  I think there are some shops on Etsy that sell similar felt and both Weir Crafts and A Child's Dream sell it but I have not purchased from these sources so cannot speak to its quality aside from I like both of the companies.







The dolls are in my Etsy shop.



CLICK TO LINK UP GREAT BLOG HOPS HERE.


Comments

Popular Posts