Color of the Week-Indigo


I am linked up to Sister Sun again this week for the color indigo.  Although part of the rainbow series of color ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) I have read that it is thought not to be a separate color but a shade of blue. 

Indigo is a color named after the blue dye derived from the plant Indigofera tinctoria and related species. Indigo is between blue and violet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_(color).

 
/www.luton-dunstable.co.uk
/mychinaconnection.com

lonelyplanetimages.com

 Here are some images from Google of the plant, the dye powder and what one's hands look like after using the dye!





 Mood Indigo-Duke Ellington and Rosemary Clooney

Turbulent Indigo-Joni Mitchell

I confess that I had to go to you tube to find a song with the word indigo in it.  I could not think of one on my own.

Next week is violet; that should be very easy.  Indigo was hard.

Mercantile Muse  Link UP


Comments

Popular Posts